Friday, February 8, 2019

Feb. 11-15

Hello Families,

This Monday is a holiday! We will see you on Tuesday for centers to celebrate Abe Lincoln's birthday.  We will be creating a log cabin in honor of Abe Lincoln.  We will also be playing a game with pennies.

 We will celebrate Valentine's Day on Thursday.  I will have some independent centers with fun Valentine activities.  If you would like to help, please email me.  I only need a couple helpers for the centers.  Thanks to Kristi for helping me plan the party.

Word wall words:  they, of

Math:  We will be still working on addition and subtraction.  I am so impressed with the different strategies students have been able to use to solve word problems.  We will play a game with a penny using positional words to find the penny.  


Math Festival is Tuesday, February 19th.  We still need helpers, please email me or Alyssa Davis.  Thanks!

I would like to thank everyone for all the supplies For 100th Day of school and Chinese New Year!

Just reminder to please slow down on reading, if you child is still sounding out words instead of reading it fluently.  If there are too many pages to read and they are struggling remember only read a few pages at a time. :) 

Reminders:

No school Monday, February 18.

Have a lovely long weekend!
Ms. Werner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten Update 10/18 - 10/22

  Dear Kindergarten Families ,   Here is the news for next week. I hope everyone enjoys their day off from school tomorrow!      In language...