Friday, April 24, 2020

Kindergarten Update 4/27 - 5/1

Dear Kinder Families,

I hope you had another great week of distance learning and were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine!  Here is a peek at next week:

In Language Arts:
Please keep up the great work on Lexia for 15-20 minutes each day and let me know if you still need any help logging on.  
I hope you are also enjoying the Epic Books.
Please practice sight words with your child. Our new sight words this week are: girl , find
Please find the list below and review all sight words: 
a, at, and, an, be, can, come do, did, for, get, he, I, it, is, like, look, me, my, make, no, on, she, said,  we, you, go, in, have, will, play, this, that, has, had, one, with, jump, here, they, little and was, because, was, there
Our theme this week is learning about ocean animals.
In Writers' Workshop : We will write an opinion piece about whether we like the pool or the ocean.
In Math:  We will continue with ways to make ten with ten frames, subtraction on a number line, word problems, and use strategies like the number line, drawing pictures, and counting on. Please continue to work each day on Zearn and let me know how the level is going. I can change levels to increase rigor or to make it easier. If you still need help getting on please let me know. 
In Science: We have two Mystery Science videos up for you on the choice board/agenda about the ocean and ocean animals.
I hope you have another great week.  Thank you for sending me updates, texts and pictures of what you have been up to.  It really makes my day!  You are all doing a great job with homeschooling!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Ms. Werner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten Update 10/18 - 10/22

  Dear Kindergarten Families ,   Here is the news for next week. I hope everyone enjoys their day off from school tomorrow!      In language...